The GSL Has been a Long Time Coming
Work on the very first SL Geo started way back in February 2008. Known as the SL91 that still born project has achieved cult status within the paintball community with only the ten sample units ever seeing the light of day; exchanging hands for staggering sums of money amongst collectors its place in paintball history is secure as one of the rarest markers ever made.
Fast forward to late 2013 and we have the first fully-fledged Limited Edition SL Geo; The GSL.
Just like every other SL before it, the GSL brings something a little bit special to the table. In this case it’s a stunning fusion of technology and features from the Geo3, the Ego LV1, the Ego CSL together with all new ideas developed specifically for the GSL.
The SL range has always been made that extra bit special by its exclusivity and its use of bespoke parts that are not used on or in any other model in the range. The GSL is no exception with virtually every external metal part being designed and manufactured in limited numbers for use exclusively on the GSL. From the body, to the frame, the POPS and trigger. Every part manufactured for sole use on the GSL.
Mechanically the GSL also varies dramatically from the Geo3 on which it is loosely based. Replacing the standard threaded internals comes a new quick release system. Pull up the bonnet and slide out the IV Core and you have access to a completely new firing assembly. The IV Core is made up of all new components with new ST3 bolt, super soft ST3 bolt tip, can, propshaft, propshaft tip, back cap, locking mechanism and bonnet. Besides the obvious quick release mechanism the IV Core was developed to further increase the already impressive efficiency of the Geo3 platform. Theinternals incorporate a new pressure sensing path that allows the sprung propshaft to react more quickly and earlier in the cycle to trap more of the “tail end” air in the firing chamber. This tail end air does not have a significant effect on the velocity of the paintball, but does contribute to inefficiency if it is wasted. The IV Core traps more of this wasted air each shot therefore increasing overall efficiency without any negative impact on the sound or feel of the marker.
Externally the GSL incorporates the SL4 regulator and foregrip together with the grips and console from the Ego LV1. The soft, textured and shaped rubber at both contact points on the marker offer exceptional stability and ergonomic comfort. With the inclusion of the AT Pipe system from the Ego LV1 the macroline is removed from the marker and the air passes through the frame and the AT Pipe into the new SL4 inline regulator. It makes for a sleek finish.
Of course the body, bonnet and frame blend seamlessly into each other helping to emphasise the aggressive 3D milling of the billet machined and hand finished body. A deep lustrous anodizing over a satin blasted finish in 3 select colourways adorn each marker. The colour matched anodizing extends to each of the additional accessories that are included with the GSL, such as the optional triggers and the full 5-piece.
SL3 Barrel Kit
Packaged in the zipper case with the barrel kit and additional trigger there is also a completely new GSL manual, a second GSL-specific ST bolt (all metal construction), a GSL Parts Kit that includes an AT POPS extender rail, ePortal Kit, tools, barrel sock and GSL Key Chain. The GSL comes fully loaded in every conceivable way.
Unique GSL Features
- Bespoke GSL 3D Milled Body
- Bespoke GSL 3D Milled Quick Release Bonnet
- Bespoke GSL 3D Milled Grip Frame
- Bespoke GSL 3D Milled AT POPS
- Bespoke GSL 3D Milled Contoured Eye Covers
- Bespoke GSL IV Core Internals
- Bespoke GSL Propshaft with Spring-Loaded Drive Core
- Bespoke GSL ST1Bolt and ST2 Bolt
- Bespoke GSL Circuit Board With USB Interface – Cable and Software Included
- Bespoke GSL Dual Triggers – “Blade” and “S” Style Triggers Included
- Bespoke GSL AT Pipe Assembly
- Bespoke GSL 5-Piece SL3 Shaft Barrel Kit
- Lazer-Eyes Red BBSS System
- Exclusive PBNation GSL Badge
GEO 3 Features
- Gen 2 ISCIS (Innovative Solenoid Controlled Isolation System) Solenoid Valve
- LV1-Style Grip Frame and Grips
- LV1-Style Rear Console
- LV1-Style SL4 Inline Reg and Sleeve
- Integrated Body Filter
- Bolt Speed Control System (BSC)
- 92% Larger Multicoloured Transflective LCD Module
- Extended Grip Pitch – Increased Comfortable and Stability
- Spool Valve Design
- Low Reciprocating Mass – Bolt 19g
- Tool-less Bolt removal – all internal bolt components removed without tools
- Def-Tek Offset Feed
- C-Lever Clamping Feedneck with Sprocket Wheel
- Dual Selectable Trigger Switching – Opto and Micro Switches
- Dual Trigger Return Mechanisms – Spring and Magnetic Return
- Integrated Audible Beeper for Alarms and Actuations
- Capped and Uncapped Ramp Modes
- All Major Tournament Presets
- 9 Preset Debounce Modes
- 5-Point Adjustable Trigger